Twitter thrives on data and this has led the platform to become one of the foremost data sources for audience analysis and to identify highly impactful or resonating content. Any targeted marketing strategy is incomplete without a detailed analysis of the Twitter archive and the crucial metrics that it contains.
UPDATE: New Viral Tool Released: twtSearch - Connect with the Right Twitter Audience. twtSearch give you the power of advanced search at your fingertips, allowing you to sift through millions of X (formally Twitter) profiles by bio/description, name, username, location, and even pinned tweets.
In this post, we will be exploring the various steps involved in downloading the Twitter archive from your own account as well as from someone else’s account.
Steps To Download Twitter Archive From Your Account
Twitter makes it very easy to download Twitter archive from accounts that you have access to. We will be looking at the steps involved in downloading Twitter archive from your own account through an Android device as well as the desktop site. However, keep in mind that the data you get directly from Twitter comes in a JSON format and the report generation usually takes a few days.
Let’s start with the steps that need to be followed to download Twitter archive through Twitter’s Android app.
Follow these steps to download Twitter Archive Using Twitter‘s Android App:
- Open the Twitter app on your Android device.
- Click on the left hamburger menu, and select ‘Account’.
- Now click on ‘Your Twitter data’.
- A new window will open where you will need to enter your Twitter account’s password.
- Once the password is verified, you will be presented with the option to download Twitter archive.
- Click on ‘Request archive’ button.
- Your Twitter archive will be compiled and Twitter will send you an email when the data is ready to be downloaded.
Now, if you are looking to download Twitter archive using Twitter’s desktop website, follow these steps:
- Navigate to www.twitter.com and login with your account’s credentials.
- On the menu that appears to the left, click on ‘More’.
- Now, click on ‘Settings and Privacy’.
- In the ‘Accounts’ section, click on ‘Your Twitter Data’.
- In the ‘Download archive’ section, enter your Twitter password.
- Once your password is validated, you will be presented with an option to request and download your Twitter archive.
- Click on ‘Request archive’ and your data will start getting compiled.
- You will receive a notification from Twitter on your email as soon as your Twitter archive download is ready.
Voila! Wasn’t that simple? These steps can help you download Twitter archive from your own account. But, what if you want to download Twitter archive from other accounts, say your competitors?
That’s where twtData can help you out! Continue reading to find the steps that can help you download Twitter archive from any Twitter account!
How To Download Twitter Archive From Any Twitter Account?
Twitter doesn’t allow you to download Twitter archive from accounts that you don’t own or have access to. This is where you need to rely on third party Twitter data analytics solutions that can provide you with high-quality and accurate Twitter data that is lifted directly from Twitter’s servers.
twtData is one such reputable platform that enables easy downloads of Twitter archives (followers, following, lists and last 3200 tweets) from any account. Moreover, downloading Twitter archive using twtData is quick and easy to read in csv/xlsx format.
Here are the steps that can help you download Twitter archive from any account using twtData:
- Navigate to www.twtData.com on your browser.
- In the dialogue box that appears to the right, enter the Twitter account handle, your email, and choose the required file format (CSV/xlsx).
- Now, click on ‘Get Price or Free Sample’ button.
- twtData references the inputs directly from Twitter’s servers in real-time and provides you with a cost and time estimate for generating the Twitter archive.
- Click on ‘Pay with card’ and complete the payment.
- As soon as the payment is made, your desired Twitter archive will start getting generated.
- You will receive a link to download Twitter archive on the provided email ID shortly.
Although twtData is one of the fastest platforms to download Twitter archive, there might be instances where the report takes longer to get generated.
The delay is due to the report getting generated in real-time and due to the limitations that Twitter imposes on third-party platform data transfers. The higher the amount of data in the account, the longer will the report generation take.
twtData guarantees that the data you get from the platform is 100% accurate and up to date. It is one of the most cost-effective platforms to download Twitter archive from virtually any account. If you are still on the fence about trying twtData’s services or have any further questions, get in touch with us at sales@twtData.com and we’ll be happy to help!